From:
Don Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2008 10:39:59 +1000
Frank wrote:
>suddenly my puter locked.
>I tried Alt delt and nothing happened.
>I then turned the puter off by pressing the start-off button on the tower.
>When I tried to turn it back on, it would not boot >>

Power buttons these days are multi-functional and can do some strange things.

Disconnect from mains power, leave it for 5 minutes, re-connect, leave
another 5 minutes, then press the power button.

With luck, it may now boot.

Try that several times if it doesn't work the first time.

Sometimes you have to hold the power button in for 8 seconds for it to
activate or turn fully off.

Don Penlington

 From the Beach at Surfers Paradise in sunny Queensland.
Computer tutorials, local scenery,  and other things at my website:
http://users.tpg.com.au/deepend/index1.html

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml