From:
Lars Axelsson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Dec 1998 07:44:53 +0100
At 08:22 1998-12-15 +0300, you wrote:
>hello everyone
>

>I really am intrested in buying a celeron300A CPU for one of of my friends
>because of its price and performance. anyway, i've herd that the chip runs
>cooler than the PII which made me think about over cloacking the
>chip(reliably that is).
>

>before i go ahead and buy enerything  I want to check if what am i going
>to do is the right thing. first i willl buy ANY     BX motherboard. and
>set the multiplier jumper to 4.5 and the "bus speed" jumper 100 MHZ. and
>since the bus is going to run @100MHZ i will have to buy PC100 complient
>RAM. I should be able to 450MHZ from the 300MHZ CPU.
>

>is everything i said correct?  anything else i should worry about? is
>cooling going to be issue here? do i have to buy a special kind of heat
>sink? if so, where can i get it?
>

>thank you very much
>

>Husain
>
>                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
>                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
>                        Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>

I would recommend buying an ABIT BH6 (or BX6) motherboard: some celeron
300A processors need to have the core voltage set some 0.1 V higher to run
reliably at 450 MHz. The BH6 will let You do this from CMOS setup. Take
care, though, You can set it to high and kill the cpu.
Good luck!

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html