Date:
Sun, 25 Jul 2004 08:03:48 -0500
Hello Mahamad,

Hopefully this information will help answer your questions. I'm sure there
will be other replies to assist also.

Question #1: This can be done manually but it's easier to use a program to
create an autorun CD. I'm sure there are others but one is:

Karen's Autorun.inf Editor
http://www.karenware.com/powertools/ptautorun.asp

Question #2: This can be done manually also by backing up certain
information in the Registry and elsewhere (Outlook Express Store Folder),
but a program designed to do this is much easier. A search at
http://www.google.com will find several. Here are two:

OE Backup (Free)

Outlook Express Backup (Free Trial, $30 to keep)
http://tinyurl.com/3ozu5

Question #3: First try this: Shutdown the computer, then unplug the power
cord from the rear of the computer, not from the electrical outlet. Wait ten
minutes, plug the power cord back in and start the computer. Check if the
floppy drive is recognized. If not, and you feel comfortable working inside
the computer, shutdown the computer and disconnect all cables. To insure the
power and floppy cable are seated properly, remove the case cover and locate
the power connection and the floppy drive cable leading from the motherboard
to the drive. Disconnect and reconnect the power connection at the drive.
Disconnect and reconnect both ends of the floppy cable. Replace the cover,
connect the power and other cables, and start the computer.

If the computer still does not recognize the floppy drive you can try
restoring BIOS defaults for CMOS settings. Your computer manual may describe
this procedure. It should be in the motherboard manual if you have one. If
you don't feel comfortable doing this perhaps you have a knowledgeable
friend who will do it. To reset the CMOS configuration, disconnect all
cables and remove the case cover. Caution: Disconnect the ATX power
connector leading from the power supply at the motherboard end. On the
motherboard, generally within 2-3 inches of the battery, look for (usually)
three pins sticking up with a jumper similar to the jumper on a hard drive
or CD-ROM. The position of the jumper is in the normal position. If the
jumper is on pins 2 and 3 (or 1 and 2), change it to the 1 and 2 (or 2 and
3) pins for 2-3 seconds, then move it back to it's original position.
Reconnect the power connector to the motherboard, replace the case cover,
connect all cables and start the computer.

If the floppy drive still is not recognized, then you probably have a bad
cable, or the drive is dead, or both. Both are inexpensive to replace.
Perhaps someone will offer other suggestions. Good luck!

Sven Swanson, Sr.