From:
David Farrington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 May 2004 07:41:00 -1000
Steve, I don't know if this will be much help but I have WMP9 also. I
have found that the program itself stop playing the media towards the
end. I have not figured out why but it happens almost every time I use
the program. Try using the Real Player if it supports DVD and see if you
can view the media. I just don't use WMP9 for anything except audio CD
and that is only because I like the screen shows.

Steve wrote:

>Hello,
>
>My DVD player, a Samsung SD-616T, plays through until the last 2 to 4 minutes
>and then the picture freezes while the player continues to turn and the green
>seek light continues to blink. I am using Windows Media Player 9, Windows XP,
>2.8 GHz CPU and 1 GB RAM. The disk is clean and this behavior doesn't happen
>with all movies. Other than this the player has no problem reading CD's or
>DVD's, just the playing of the last few minutes of some DVD's is a problem.
>
>Here is the link to the Samsung product page if that is helpful:
>
>http://www.samsung.com/Products/CDDVD_Rom/DVD_ROMHalf_Height/CDDVD_Rom_DVD_ROM
>Half_Height_SD_616T.htm
>
>The firmware is the latest offered by Samsung, version F311
>
>Thanks for the help, Steve.

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com