From:
Bill Kapelas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 2000 14:40:06 -0400
I've just upgraded to an Athlon 800mhz Tbird on the A7V. Reinstalling the PCI
devices on the cloned hard drive was a chore, with some unusual problems. But in
the end everythings been working fine, stable and fast (about two weeks now) I
am quite satisfied.

The ATA100 controller and ability to have 8 IDE devices is a selling point.

But one thing there doesnt seem to be any email ASUS tech support. i emailed a
problem (which my dealer couldn't solve, but I ultimately did) four times over a
4 week period with no response.
On Th

u, 28 Sep 2000 22:47:44 -0400, Bradley Marden wrote:

>I was thinking about doing an upgrade on my pc. I have now an amd k6-2 500 mhz
w/128 mb sdram. The mb i have is a socket 7 so i wont be able to just put in a
new chip nothing faster anyway. I was thinking about buying an Amd duron 700 mhz
chip. In order to i would have to buy a new mb and a new case and power supply.
I was thinking about the Asus A7V socket A board,i have heard a lot of good
things about it. Either that or Abits socket A mb. Does anyone know weather or
not this would be a good idea or should i wait to see what else comes out? Any
good or bad feelings about weather it would be worth the investment of about
$300-$350.

>TIA
>
>Bradley Marden
>
>                Curious about the people moderating your
>                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
>                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html

                     visit our download web page at:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html