From:
Peter Byrnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Mar 1998 18:21:03 +1000
Hugh wrote:
> I have an EPSON Stylus Color II that works great.  I recently
> attached it to my 486 and can't get it work reliably (occasionally
> page ejects then random characters are printed).  I have removed all
> potential driver conflicts by reinstalling Win95 with latest Epson
> drivers and Epson Support seems to be stumped.  Can anyone suggest a
> Web site, diagnostic program, known hardware conflicts that I might
> find more info to diagnose the problem?

1. Completely remove all other printer drivers (if any).
2. Check that there are no resource conflicts.
3. Check if the BIOS allows you to change the parallel port from ECP to
   Standard and vice versa. Try the opposite of what it's currently set
to.
4. Replace the printer cable
5. Try an ISA parallel port card

Peter Byrnes