From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 02:25:52 -0500
Tracy,

Have you considered reinstalling the original BIOS?

I've always maintained that you should not upgrade a BIOS unless there is
a documented problem which the upgrade solves.

Manufacturers will make small, incremental, "fine tuning" tweaks to the
design of a board.  And at some point, the sum-total of those small
changes, may require a modification of the BIOS.

If you upgrade your system to the "new and improved" BIOS but do not have
the hardware changes that created the need for a new BIOS........then you
end up with strange and erratic problems.

It's possible that they may have crossed that fine line, where the
"latest" BIOS upgrade also needs the "latest" hardware upgrade.

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting        Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol     International Webmasters Association
410-543-8996                MS Site Builder Network - Level 2 member
=====