From:
Jerry Rasmussen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 1998 19:24:19 -0400
John,
I have a parallel port version of this tape drive and could not get Windows
95 to recognize it.  Since there is no controller card, there was no
ability to install new hardware in the Device Manager.  My Laserjet IIp
printer worked just fine on the parallel port.  However, when I connected a
new Epson Stylus Color 800 printer to the port, it would not work.  It was
then that I realized I had a defective parallel port.  The MoBo was still
under warranty, so I exchanged it.  When I hooked up the tape drive and
Epson to the new board, Win95 configured both devices with no human
intervention needed.
Hope this helps.
Jerry Rasmussen
------------------------------
John G. Cakars wrote:

> Packard Bell POS P75, Win95a, Sony StorStation 2GB
>
> Device Manager gives me a yellow ! for my Sony StorStation (Ditto 2GB).
> Windows only accepted the tape drive under Tape Controller.  There is
>  "This device was not detected at the port address specified.  Verify
> that the port address setting in the resources page matches your
> controller settings and that it is not conflicting with another device.
> Reference code 01-0A-00-0000."
>
> When I go to the resources page, there is no sign of a conflict.  So
> what does this message really mean?
>
> Thank you for any responses.

CIRQUESIG32100o

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**