From:
Earl Blake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 07:50:57 +0200
Hi Everick

I also had problems with direct cable connection. I went poking
around some of the more obscure help files and found that Win98
and Win95 use *different* protocols for direct cable connection.
If I remember correctly, Win98 uses TCP/IP and Win95 uses IPX/SPX
so you need to install the IPX/SPX protocol onto the Win98
machine. I tried this and I can now link my Win95 and Win98
machines without any problems - I don't know if this will help
with the error message though.

Earl

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html