From:
Dennis Noble <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jan 1999 16:45:42 -0600
This all depends on what you want to do with your system. I would not really
hesitate to buy a MB with a sound card integrated onto it if it was a
quality MB. I would probably try to stay away from integrated video because
it is an item that alot of people find that they need to upgrade and when
your video is built in, you usually do not have an AGP slot for adding your
own AGP video card. Also, some MBs with video built in, use the system
memory for the video memory and while I am not sure how this works, it seems
like a bad idea to me.

The biggest problem with integrated MBs is that they are usually offer very
low  performace and quality. However, Epox is about or may have just come
out with a MB with video and I believe sound. Epox is usually a very good
mfg. and I have had good very good luck with their products.

Dennis Noble
Computer Parts & Upgrades
Phone: 512-949-2085
Fax: 512-949-9357
Quality over Quantity
http://www.computersalacarte.com

>I have heard I shouldn't buy a PC that uses integrated audio or video.

>Why...or doesn't it matter?
>Thank you,
>Ira Wallin

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: