Date:
Sun, 20 Jan 2008 13:46:09 EST

Thanks for the reply Ray and the links which were very informative but I
still have the basic question of what will or won't work in my PC. I mostly use
it for web browsing (dial-up) and word processing. No gaming or other resource
 hogging activities. So performance needs are minimal.
 Hard drives on the before-mentioned sites are listed as IDE Ultra ATA  100,
IDE Ultra ATA 133, Ultra320 SCSI (60 and 80 pin)and SATA. I know I can't  use
the SATA but am in a quandry as to which of the others would be  compatible.
 Also, if I do use a HD that doesn't use the ultra DMA standard, will  I have
to make an adjustment in the Bios to accomadate it?

  Thanks for any suggestions as I'm afraid my present drive is about  to jump
ship!!!
 -Phil Williams-

In a message dated 1/19/2008 12:35:16 PM Pacific Standard Time, [log in to unmask]