Date:
Fri, 22 May 1998 07:15:13 -0500
Hi guys,
  I'm using Windows 98 beta and recently my driver for my cdrom went
south (Teac cd55a). This all started when I uninstalled then reinstalled
my Sound Blaster Pro 2 files.
 I have power to the cdrom, just no access. I have tried numerous times
to reload the driver and have went as far as downloading a new copy of
the driver but no luck. I've redone the config.sys and autoexec.bat
files several times and have tried using backups of these files but so
far nothing works.
 I have sent email to Teac's tech support and they promptly called me on
the phone to tell me there was no way they knew of to correct this with
Win 98.
 I then tried a Torisan cdrom with thier drivers and had the same
results. These are both older 4x cdroms but that's what I have at the
moment.
 These are the error messages I get:  "CDROM device driver not
installed" or "Device driver not found" and "MIX001:AUX Driver
AUXDRV.DRV not found."
 I've searched Microsoft's support site but no luck there either.
 So can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks.

Gary Raynes