From:
Doug Simmons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 14:33:17 -0400
>>Someone wrote:
>>>Someone gave me a Scantak-2c scanner but said he
>>>couldn't find a CD that came with it. It has an isa card
>>>that I installed and I downloaded some drivers that I
>>>found. I don't see any sign of the scanner on my system.
>>>He said he thought the CD was called something like
>>>scantastic.
>
>Earl Truss <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>>There is a simple free graphics program from Microsoft that will handle
>>scanners that use a "TWAIN" driver.  Unfortunately, I forget the name of
>>it.

At 11:29 AM 4/9/99 , Rick Glazier wrote

>A program that "comes free" with MS-Office97 is PhotoEditor.
>Very good program, if your needs, (like mine), are modest...
>             Rick Glazier

From within Word97 if you do an Insert-Picture-From Scanner, Photo Editor
will launch and you can see if your scanner works.  If you don't have
Word97, I would recommend downloading and installing Paintshop Pro
shareware to see if the scanner works.  I have three scanners and none show
up anywhere in Windows(95) until I "acquire" a picture with an application.

HTH
Doug Simmons

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html