From:
Kenneth M Whyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 10:33:51 -0700
For starters I'd call your Tech Support line for the people you bought
your computer and/or OS from and have them replace your Win95 restore
disk. Also check into getting an updated driver disk for your video and
audio, because the drivers may not cooperate with windows sometimes
unless you have the latest revision. One other thing is to get your
hardware checked out to see if your RAM is in good shape, and that your
IDE controller isn't scrambling up your HDD's data. Maybe also you should
check your BIOS for the proper HDD cylinder and head settings, as that
may affect reads and writes enough to throw a monkeywrench into things.
For that matter, maybe your BIOS revision is acting up. Lots of things to
consider, and hopefully one that leads to your solution. Hope this is
helpful info, and not just ramblings from an insane mind. :)

Kenneth Whyman
"Chance favors the prepared mind."

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999 20:26:53 -0800 Doug & Sharon White
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>        I have a Cyrix 266 on a TX Pro II motherboard, 32 megs of EDO
>RAM, 3.2 gig
>HD, onboard video and sound, Windows 95.
>
>        So far I am averaging about 3 or 4 fatal "Blue Screen of
>Death" crashes a
>day.  I bought it as a second computer for my kids to play games on.
>So
>far we have not installed anything that would push the hardware
>limits.......no accelerated 3D games or the like.  Most of the stuff
>has
>been educational games like Oregon Trail, Carmen Sandiego, Kid Pix,
>etc......
>
>        Nothing I have tried so far has been able to keep the system
>from
>crashing.  And we are not just talking crash and reboot.......we are
>talking crash, lock up, destroy Windows drivers files, refuse to
>reboot...
>
>        I have reloaded the OS on this machine 5 times (including 2
>total
>reformats of drive C......starting right from scratch).......and now
>today
>it has crashed and burned again and I am going to have to do a
>complete
>reload again.

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html