Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 2002 07:33:06 +1200
I didn't see any responses to my query about several of my hard drives not
being recognised in DOS - maybe nobody has come across this particular
problem before?

Anyway, I did get a little further with this.  When re-formatting one of the
drives with Fdisk, I found that the drive (or rather, partition) was being
designated as 'NON-DOS', a label I've not seen before.

I haven't a clue as to how this happened - I'd formatted it with Fdisk only
a few days previously, and thought it had proceeded normally.  But obviously
not.

Now, when I Fdisk check the other drive which is invisible in DOS, I see
that it's labelled the same, Non-Dos, so I guess that explains it.

My query: Does anyone know how to change this arrangement without
reformatting the drive?

Ian Porter
Computer Guys
Arrowtown