From:
Les Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2003 13:23:13 -0400
Thanks, Tom but no joy. The prompt is still there! I am certain I did not use Quick Logon before and my daughter's computer (also Win98SE) does not use quick logon and she does not get the prompt.

I have restored my registry to an earlier one to no avail. It isn't that big a deal but it is becoming a personal challenge now. Any other ideas out there?

Les
  -----

  Double Click to open properties on 'Client for Microsoft Networks' if it
  appears in the listbox under Control Panel, Networks.  Change the Network
  Logon Options to 'Quick logon'.  The password prompt will disappear.
  Alternatively, you can track down the network resource it is trying to
  reconnect, and remove / disconnect it.
  Tom Turak

---
Virus Database (VPS): 8/5/03