From:
Kevin Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2000 04:51:03 -0400
"A special cable/bracket is needed to go from the MOBO connector to outlet
connecters.
Does the cable come from ASUS or is it generaly available?"

I may not be the best person to answer this since I still have not been able
to get my PCI USB card to work, but the connector you need is available at
stores like Fry's, CompUSA, Best Buy(maybe), etc. It is just two ports with
a small cable attached that plugs in to the MOBO.

"Other than buying the appropriate cable, what do I need to do to get USB
working? And is it easy or hard to set up?"

If everything works as it should, Windows will recognize the new ports and
configure everything. But, things rarely work as they should. ;-)  Good
luck.

Kevin Weaver

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,