From:
Bradley Marden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 16:45:51 EST
I have a 1 GHz athlon with a CD burner, dvd ROM, 3 hard drives, numerous case
fans, 64 MB ATI video card, and sound card. In this system I have been
running a 300 watt certified power supply with little to no problems. I am
however getting ready to purchase a new 400 watt just to make sure that there
is enough. I have been added to this system piece by piece so no I feel that
I am at the tail end of the available power. So with what you have got you
should be okay, but remember that if you decide to add to much more to it you
might have to buy a bigger one. So why cheap out at first and put in the
minimum. Like Tim Allen used to say "You can never have too much POWER!"

hope this helps.

Bradley Marden

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com