From:
"Richard T." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Apr 1999 00:02:17 -0400
Joan: I have a "vista" and I know this sounds kinda wierd, but I have found
the best way to clean it is to unscrew the ball retainer (duh!) and go after
the little rubber thingies with a pair of needle nosed tweezers, rolling
them and pinching off the "crud" which develops on them as you go along.
Then, when you are finished, blow them out with compressed air As far as the
ball, just run it under the faucet! .I know this sounds a little wierd,but
I have tried to use solvents of various types with much less effectiveness.
.BTW, I've been doing this about 2-3 times a year for 3 years and will never
I have been using a Trackman marble model at my office for about 1 1/2 years
and I've had absolutelty no problems at all with any sticking or anything
else.
Good luck!
Rich Tabas
Philly pa.

Joan Rapier wrote:

> I use a Logitech Trackman Marble pointing device.  I also use a
> Logitech Trackman Vista.
>
> The problem is the trackballs get sticky - so I take them apart and
> clean them using electronic-grade alcohol.  This seems to leave the ball
>
> and the rubber disks on the x and y axis too dry causing

                         PCBUILD's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>