From:
Kyle Elmblade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Oct 1999 19:12:18 -0700
Bob,

Might I meekly and humbly suggestion checking out the Gateway E-1400.  It is
a stock, non-expandable machine, but they will provide excellent 24 hour
on-site service (for a price of course, but worth it) should you have
failures.  I work at a hospital, and this is what we are using now.  They
are all-in-one units, and very modular.  I can replace drive or the power
supply without need of a screwdriver, and in a matter of moments.

The catch?  Lack of expandability.  I believe they have a couple of PCI
slots, but there is no room for any other drives (i.e. extra HD, ZIP drive,
etc.).  But, for a clinical setting and an inexpensive slap and dash
machine, it may serve your purpose.  I believe we are paying around $750.00
per machine, including the service contract.  Anyway, thought you might want
to consider that.

The all-in-one boards I use mostly (for my own business) are from Alton.
They work pretty well, but I have had a few duds.  They seem pretty good
about getting replacements out right away if necessary, though, so that
shouldn't be an issue.  They are also pretty fast.

HTH.  Kyle