From:
Kenneth Whyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2007 11:35:16 -0700
I would like a little more information about your issue, such as any
specific error messages you may be seeing, what browser you are using
and if you have recently updated them, and what operating system each
system uses and if you have installed any system updates recently. It
may be a patch that is causing your issue. One thing it is probably not
is an issue with the router's firewall, since that would affect all of
the connections, not just hard-wired ones. Another possibility that
could explain these web site's lack of functionality could be your Java
virtual machine, not just the web browser. It could be that whatever
script these websites use, Java, VisualBasic, or otherwise, may not like
certain aspects of the virtual machine they are forced to run in. Do a
little digging and see what you can find for us, so we can give a better
diagnosis. Anyone else with some thoughts?

Tom Waddell wrote:
> I don't seem to be able to log onto a couple of web sites I used to be able to get to. Logging on just brings me back to the log on screen. The computers were working fine but about 2 weeks ago they stopped working. Don't think I have changed any security settings.
>
> We have 3 computers in the house, all connected to the internet through a high speed cable router. Two are hard wired and one is wireless. Both hardwired computers have the problem, the wireless one does not. Because the wireless computer works I am assuming some security setting on both of the hardwired computers is preventing me from logging on. Cookies are enabled and the web sites are listed in my trusted internet zone.
>
> On second thought it could be some firewall setting in the router that does not affect the wireless settings. Have not called the router manufacturer (NetGear) yet but plan to. Thought I'd staret here.
>
>          PCBUILD maintains hundreds of useful files for download

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com