From:
Paul Hachmeyer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Dec 2003 11:57:56 -0500
You are limited to the capabilities of the motherboard in
the computer.  If you have the system documentation, it
should show what processors will work in your pc, and you
could purchase a new or used one to replace the old one, if
you're not already at the fastest the board will support.
If you don't have the documentation, search the hp.com
website for the info.  Usually entering your model number or
system number is all that's needed to do the lookup.
Sometimes, the motherboard itself will have the info next to
DIP switches which set the board for different processors,
or the info may be printed inside the computer cover.  I
would also try to max out the memory the board will support
to speed things up.

Casey deeds wrote:

> I have an old hp pavilon and it is really slow. it has windows 95 on it and i want to get a faster processor and possibly a better (newer) OS. i dont really want to spent a lot of money on a new comp. is it possible to switch processors?

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com