From:
"Joel M. Blackman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jul 2001 17:49:36 -0700
Try getting a program like Memturbo II.  Either you can recover or scrub the
RAM every hour or so, or you can do a restart. Video capture is a real RAM
hog, and it looks like your system or the software is not releasing the RAM.
Last time I checked Memturbo was about $20.  When I leave my machine running
24X7 I use Memturbo to clean the RAM once or twice a day.  I have 256 Mb of
PC-133, and have seen that go down to 4 Mb free.  In a about 20-30 seconds
Memturbo will bring that up to 190+ Mb without a restart.   Thing is that if
your software and/or system are not releasing RAM, you'll fill up all 512 Mb
and have the same problem, it just might take a little longer.  If you want
512 Mb you should still get Memturbo or prepare to an occasional restart.
Instead of hogging all your RAM in an hour, it will take an hour and a half
with 512 Mb.  Last question is does your mobo support PC-133.  If not you'll
need to replace the Kingston module with one that is either PC-100 or
PC100/133.  Memturbo is cheaper, and an occasional restart is the cheapest.

Hi Joel M. Blackman!   At 09:04 PM 7/15/01 -0700 you wrote:
 > Do you have
 >some particular need for 512 Mb of RAM?  For all but the most graphics
 >intensive or game intensive apps, 256 is usually more than sufficient.

My hobby is realtime video capture from tv.
Mostly 256 mb is enough but sometimes (I don't know why)
after an hour of capturing my hard drive works instead of RAM.
Therefore I wanted to eliminate this problem.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml