From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 2000 09:28:56 -0500
Since three machines are involved and two work, (or did), it would
seem to point to the way the drive is set up in those machines.
Are the jumper(s) correct on ALL drives? Master, Single, Slave, and a
couple less "popular" options... (Cable select, and barrier options)
What are/were the different BIOS settings, and are they setting
themselves, or have (or did) you set them. (Now, or in the past.)
Do any of the motherboards have any BIOS limitations that you need to be
aware of?  (The new one might work "OK" if you let it auto detect.)
Did the old machine have any "Disk Manager" software installed?
Was it a Boot Drive before? (I assume it was...)
Are you mixing hard drive brands on the same cable, especially older ones?
And last, did you try a "new"/different cable...
     Good luck,   Rick Glazier
CC:ed, but please reply to list, if necessary.