From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2006 12:18:02 -0400
The On-screen keyboard might help:
It's under Accessories/Accessibility in the Program menu (Make a
shortcut so it's available when you need it).
I assume either your keyboard or the keyboard port is gong bad-if it's a
PS/2 keyboard, get a USB replacement or vice-versa.

Dennis Duke wrote:
> I have an Emachine running Windows XP Home. Once in a while -
> fortunately, infrequently - my keyboard will go away. The computer
> (or Windows operating system) can't see it and the only way I can get
> things back to normal is to reboot the machine. I have been unable to
> figure out if it is related to a specific program or not, as I said
> it doesn't happen very often.
>
> Does anyone have a clue or, equally important, is there a way to
> recover the keyboard without rebooting the machine? Sometimes when it
> quits, I am in Word or notepad or some other program entering some
> sort of data and will lose some of it. If I have saved the data
> before the problem I can use the mouse to save what I have typed
> since then but, If I have just started to do something by creating a
> new file, I cannot do a 'save as' and type in a file name and simply
> have to reboot.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml