From:
Dan Shaughnessy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Jan 1999 12:13:25 -0600
I don't have experience with this card, but there are 2 types of 8 MB memory
upgrades available....the SGRAM (for the Millenium) and the SDRAM (for the
Mystique).  Perhaps the wrong "type" is installed.  Otherwise you may want
to post a note on the forum at www.matroxusers.com there are many
experienced and helpful users prowling the forum, and they maybe able to
help quicker than Matrox support.

Dan Shaughnessy

>For Christmas, my mother bought my son a Matrox Millenium G200 video card
w/8
>mgs on board memory - upgradable to 16.  She also bought him the 8 mg
memory
>module, which he installed, bringing him to a total of 16 mgs.  The problem
is
>that the Matrox utility indicates he still only has 8 mgs.  I tried to
catch
>the video info when he boots up, but it doesn't appear (strange?) or is
just
>to fast for me to see.  How can he determine whether he has the full 16
mgs?
>He has already written to Matrox, but has not received an answer (over a
week
>now).  He is 13 and built this PC himself (with a little assistance from
mom)
>and it consists of an Asus 440 BX P2B MoBo, Pentium II 300 (Klamath), 128
mgs
>(100) SDRAM, Creative Labs 56 Modem Blaster (PCI, 90V), Memorex 40x CD rom,
>Creative Labs Soundblaster LIVE! and Cambridge Soundwork speakers, NEC
>multisync XV15+ monitor, WD 5.1 ultraDMA hard drive, Logitech mouse, Gravis
>Xterminator gamepad and of course the Millenium G200.

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]