From:
LouisHalder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 2005 09:26:01 -0600
Thank you to all who helped with our monitor problem.  The left/right scroll bar at the bottom of each screen is finally gone, we can change the resolution and we can see everything on the screen all at once!

We do have the S3 Trio 3D video adapter.  The driver was on the IBM utility program cd.  (I had been trying to load a driver for the S3 from the Windows 98 cd.)  So, as you all had been trying to explain to me, I had to go through START, SETTINGS, CONTROL PANEL, double-click DISPLAY, SETTINGS, ADVANCED, CHANGE, select from list of drivers, HAVE DISK, change path to d:\Win95\STRI3D, OK and it will load!  CLOSE, select appropriate resolution, click APPLY and YES to restart computer.

It is amazing how nice this screen looks now thanks to all of you!  Just as the computer works better when all the connections are set up correctly - I feel like I am working better since you all have taught me some new connections.  Thanks again.

Karen Halder