From:
Andrea & Bill Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2003 06:36:42 -0400
Greetings all;

    My 934c had been working fine on my system, then every attempt to print met with "printer off line." The printer works fine on a Win 98se system. I have done the following;

- tried another printer cable
- deleted driver, reinstalled updated printer driver
- ensured the address for the port is listed the same in cmos and device manager (378h/irq7)
- disabled, enabled bi-directional communication
- disabled, enabled filter resource method options
- installed old drivers for motherboard
- tried another printer (Epson LQ-570+)
- ensured LPT1 is listed as working properly in Device Manager
- ensured LPT1 is enabled in Device Manager
- altered Parallel Port Mode to Normal, ECP, EPP

    I am assuming that LPT1 is dead and Device Manager just isn't able to detect the problem. Any other ideas? Also, would installing a second LPT on a separate card be an option? This printer is shared on my home network.

Bill

Computer

Asus A7A266, 1.4 Ghz Athlon
512 DDR RAM
XP, fully updated, all drivers updated
Many fans, not overclocked at present, but had been set to 1.5 Ghz
ATI Radeon 7200
SB Live!, Modem, NIC, DVD, CD/RW, 60 G HD, 40 G HD

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml