From:
Hugh Vandervoort <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 20:02:07 -0400
The Maxtor utility can easily add a drive overlay program when you're not
looking (I forget the name, but it shows up briefly in POST). The floppy
includes utility to remove the overlay, and this may be the problem.  I have
used the Maxtor utility successfully many times, so I'm sure it works.
You can get clips that fit over a HD (like a barrette) to clip the drive to
any available space in the case.
Good luck.
There seems to be no
room for an additional HD.  Because of this, I originally thought that it
would be straightforward to just get what was on my oem HD and get it onto
the 20G and be happy with just one drive.  In fact, I think Maxtor's
enclosed floppy expects this.  I first used the flopp[y to create an "image"
of my 6G HD and operating system and I used only the new drive.

However, It seems that the imaging process did not really transfer
everything to the new drive in a working state.  Many applications stopped
working.  I can only assume it is because of the imaging process

      special "Free-After-Rebate" Software specials in conjunction
          with Beyond.com.   We have new offers all the time!!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions