From:
Elizabeth Boston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Sep 1998 22:02:26 -0400
I have spent the past few hours trying to get Wave Top set up and
working on a Dell Dimension XPS R400 computer with a Win TV card
made by Hauppauge.
        I found and printed out directions at WaveTop's website,
installed the Win TV windows 98 drivers (wtvwdm13) At some point I
was asked to select what kind of signal I was supplying, i.e..
cable, antenna, or direct line. My customer has a satellite dish,
not being sure what to select, I chose cable. (I can't figure out
how to go back and change that setting)
        I then installed Web TV using windows98 Add/Remove programs. I
tried to set up Web TV, but was unable to actually watch anything.
I had to fill in the customer's zip code, and then chose which
local cable company he uses. He doesn't use any, and there were no
options for satellite dishes.
        I installed Wave Top.
Several times, I got a message that Wave top couldn't use the
Wintv, finally, I got Wave top to do a channel scan, but it could
not find a channel, I also disconnected the satellite cable, and
hooked up the antenna that came with the Win TV, but it could not
find anything that way either. I couldn't figure out how to go
back and change the setting from Cable TV to antenna.
        Does anyone know if this can be done with a satellite dish
instead of a cable hookup?

     Elizabeth Boston

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**