From:
Venkat Viswanathan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Dec 2005 08:16:04 -0500
Hi, all members,

my "C" drive has only 182MB free out of total 2.2GB. but my "D" drive has 1.0GB free out of total 1.8GB. ( six year old quantum fireball(4gigs) which came with what was an HP machine)

whenever I try to download a large utility like knoppix live cd to folder "downloads" in "D",  after about 150 MB up comes a window, " you are out of disc space, pl free up...." and the best i can do is free up IE temp. files.

it does not seem to help because though the download process seem to be going ok at the end I land up with only about 200 MB out of a total size of about 700MB.

Is this because of some fault (broken download)in the download site chosen by me or is it that I should have all the necessary space in "C" drive itself?

I have another 120 gb drive (new) so I can always download there but I wish to have some understanding of the situation.

any input will be greatly appreciated.

TIA and wishing all a very good day---Venkat

I have another drive of 120 GB