From:
Bharat Ale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 09:59:22 +0530
Yes, earth wire in my
house may not be properly grounded. I'll check that
and ensure that it is gournded well.

But what surprises me is - why does the monitor give off such large voltage
at the ground pin in the first place ?

By now, at least three customers have told me that they also get electric
shock when they touch any bare part of their system and I'm sure its the
monitor, I've checked at least two of them.

Is it alright to remove earth pin of the monitor (all its surfaces do not
have bare metals) or does this help in damaging the monitor ?

Bharat