From:
"Ian C>" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Apr 2004 20:37:32 -0400
Richard Glazier wrote:

>While what you asked "might" work if someone had an exact machine, and could somehow write the instructions in a way you could decipher, ------
>
>I would personally see if I could "breadboard" the thing back to a working state with a soldering iron and some temporary jumpers since you might get in there "blind" and screw something else up...
>
>Any chance of that?

*I thought that if bios revisions were the same (although I don't know
what bios or ver. is applicable to the pc in question) I could use
keystroke sequence.  And, as for soldering back connector, not an option
since that part in gone.*

Mike Scott wrote:

>You might have to disable the on board video in Windows under Device Manager. This is a problem if you have a damaged on board video card.  I have a similar Compaq machine and was unable to defeat the on board video any other way
>including the BIOS.  I couldn't find any onboard jumper that would disable this video card either.

*I think it would be easier to blindly go into bios setup, rather than
remove windows driver while having no display to see what I'm doing.
Tried clearing cmos data via jumper to no avail.*

Larry Fisk wrote:

>I did a Dell with a similar problem recently.  My solution- I was able to reinsert the pins of the broken video connection enough to get a fuzzy video display... then entered bios and turned off the onboard video.  You might check to see if there is a mobo jumper to disable onboard video.  Otherwise your probably looking at installing a new motherboard.

Original post:

>From: "Ian C>" <[log in to unmask]>
>

>>Anyone know the exact keystrokes necessary to blindly enter bios,
>>disable on-board vid (enable pci vid), and exit with a save?  Is there
>>another way?  TIA

*Ian Carmichael*

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml