From:
Steven Walley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Feb 1999 15:11:32 -0800
Gerry,

I have used Toshiba, Compaq, NEC, and "no name" laptops.

In general, I prefer Toshiba laptops as you can get parts
to upgrade or repair them. I also prefer their keyboard "feel" to
other laptops.

My next choice would be Compaq.

Stay away from the "no name" laptops unless you are familar
with them and know how to repair or upgrade one.

Steven Walley

                     http://nospin.com/pc/files.html