From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2011 15:50:55 -0400
Hi Robert,

As you may appreciate, individual components on a motherboard are very hard to source,

mainly because part numbers are usually not supplied nor available simply because they are either proprietary

or not meant to be serviceable.

>The connector in question is located near the Ethernet connector.<

I suppose you mean the IEEE1394 connector ?

Regardless ,this is a 3.5 mm audio jack, but since there are dozens of different designs, ranging from "thru-hole" mounting

to "surface mount" types, it's not clear to me which version you may need ,not having physically seen the jack .

My suggestion would be to try and get a scrapped board from a computer service shop or even computer scrap collectors.

Here's an example of someone trying to sell a "faulty" non-working board. (Note the spelling)

FUJITSU LIFEBOOK S SERIES INTEL FOULTY MOTHERBOARD

http://goo.gl/1hD3J  (ebay url)

Another avenue is to buy a refurbished board

Fujitsu LifeBook S7020 Main Board (Motherboard)

http://www.pchub.com/uph/laptop/64-35981-8848/Fujitsu-LifeBook-S7020-Main-Board-Motherboard-.html?

Example of : Low profile 3.5mm stereo audio jack.

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/8032

http://electronics-diy.com/product_details.php?pid=583

Replacing the audio jack requires previous experience working on PC mobos or you'll end up with wrecked tracks.

As to the fan being noisy - that's a common complaint about these models.

All you can do is check that the fan blades are clean and not running to close to anything - meaning almost touching the cage.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Peter E.