From:
Ernie Goens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 23:28:43 -0500
There was a series of the Intellimouse mice about 3-4 months ago that
would develop this problem. Had something to do with the type of mouse
pad they were used on. They would have conductivity with certain ones,
and would lock on one of the circuits inside causing heat to build up
and the mouse to eventually die. A reboot usually solved the problem
and MS reworked the mice design.

Ernie Goens

On Thu, 27 Apr 2000 08:59:38 -0400, you wrote:

>Hi Dan,
>
>>I have had two clients, two separate brand new computers, where
>their ps2
>>Microsoft intellimouse locks up their system and the bottom of
>the mouse
>>actually gets really warm.
>>Warm as in similar temperature to the top of a monitor.  Weird
>circumstance,
>>but I got both mice replaced under warranty.  I've never seen a
>mouse
>>actaully get that warm.
>>Anyone had anything similar?  I've always had good luck with ms
>mice.
>
>Actually, a client of mine did.  And the mouse even "smelled"
>like if something just burnt inside.  It stopped working a few
>hours, then he turned his computer back on and everything was
>fine, the mouse was working again.  I didn't take any chances,
>and sent his mouse back for a replacement.  I've got 4 or 5 other
>clients who bought an MS Trekker 2 mouse and all the others are
>working fine...
>
>HTH!
>

>Stéphane Vaillancourt
>CODECO
>http://www.codeco.qc.ca
>
>            Do you want to signoff PCBUILD or just change to
>                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
>                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html