From:
William Pike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 08:25:40 -0400
I'm a little confused on this one. You say you downloaded the boot disk.
Most Windows Operating systems allow you to create a boot disk. This would
be a better choice for reformatting than a downloaded disk. Most Windows
boot disks allow for restarting the system both with and without CD-Rom
support. If you start the computer without CD-ROM support (real mode drivers
being loaded) then the CD will not show up or be accessible. Again my
suggestion is to make a boot disk from the operating system and not to use a
downloaded disk unless there is an overwhelming reason to do so. See Windows
help on making a boot disk for your particular version of windows (it varies
from version to version)

NOTE:
If the CD is accessible with the operating system now, then it is being
found by the bios.
And all the jumpers and such are right.

William Pike