From:
"Tony M." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:20:07 -0800
>I went into MS Config and took the check marks off two items that
>had to do with MS Messenger/messages.  Now I am getting the
>following message every time I boot the computer:
>
>"You have used the System Configuration Utility to make changes to
>the way Windows starts.
>
>The System Configuration Utility is currently in Diagnostic or
>Selective mode, causing this message to be displayed and the utility
>to run every time Windows starts.
>
>Choose the Normal Startup mode on the General tab to start  Windows
>normally and undo the changes you made....."
>
>Is the above a standard message that would appear simply by
>unchecking MS Messenger to load on startup, or have I somehow done
>something that could cause serious problems?
>Carol Hanson
>---

This is normal - there is a checkbox to not show the message again.
The next time you see that, before you click "ok", make sure to click
on that checkbox to select it.
Each time you make a change through MSConfig, you will get that
warning on startup.  It's nothing to worry about.

Tony Mayer

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>