From:
"John G. Cakars" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Oct 1998 12:31:17 -0700
Packard Bell, Win95a, Evergreen 200MMX upgrade

I looked at my owner's manual and "Upgrading & Repairing PCs" 10th
Anniversary Edition, before submitting this.  Both talk about changing
jumpers, but neither shows you how or how to determine which pin is In
or Out.

I just installed Evergreen's 200MMX upgrade.  To do this upgrade, I had
to change the CPU Clock Frequency jumpers and my CPU VCC jumper.

What I want to know is if I set the jumpers correctly.  I had a P75 and
the jumpers were supposed to be out.  When I looked at the jumpers, a
blue rubber sleeve was over one pin, but not the other.  For a 66 MHz
bus speed, the jumpers were supposed to be in.  I removed the sleeve and
placed one end on the pin, leaving the rest of the sleeve free.  Then I
did this to the other jumper.  Is this correct?  How can I check to see
if I'm running at 66MHz?

Thank you for any information.

Evergreen's install disk was unable to update my BIOS.  So, now after
the installation, it shows up as a 150MHz CPU.

                                  -----