From:
Carlos Gonzalez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jul 2000 01:57:41 GMT
Hi there , its Carlos Gonzalez([log in to unmask]) and I need
help .
Just today I started my sister's computerand the computer just wouldn't
start it would say SEARCHING BOOT RECORD FROM CDROM.It said NOT FOUND and
gave me an error message that said Boot Failure REBOOT AND SELECT
PROPER BOOT
DEVICE OR INSERT BOOT MEDIA IN SELECTED BOOT DEVICE so I inserted the
WINDOWS 98 STARTUP DISK and switched the BOOT SEQUENCE
in ADVANCED SETUP I put -1st sequence- floppy
                        -2nd sequence- Disabled
and I restarted my computer then it took me to is Page that said
START COMPUTER WITH CDROM SUPPORT
START COMPUTER WITHOUT CDROM SUPPORT
VIEW HELP FILE
I went to-START COMPUTER WITHOUT CDROM SUPPORT
then it said that WINDOWS 98 DETECTED THAT DRIVE C DOES NOT CONTAIN A
VALID
FAT OR FAT32 PARTITION. THERE ARE SEVERAL POSSIBLE CAUSES...

1. YOUR DRIVE MAY NEED TO BE PARTITIONED. DO THIS THROUGH MS-DOS

2. YOU MAY BE USING THE 3RD PARTY DISK PARTITIONING SOFTWARE SOFTWARE
IF YOU ARE USING THIS SOFTWARE REMOVE THE BOOT DISK AND RESTART THE
COMPUTER
THEN FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS TO START YOUR COMPUTER WITH A FLOPPY DISK.

3. SOME VIRUSES CAN CAUSE YOUR C DRIVE NOT TO REGISTER. USE A SCANNING
PROGRAM TO CHECK FOR VIRUSES.
After that i did a scandisk , then a  checkdisk but on both drives A
and C
CHDSK but every time I  press F8 during booting process it took me to
this
menu  and i choose command prompt only so i can do an FDISK
but then it took me to the menu that said start computer with/without
CDROM
support. That happened always.

My theory is that I need to partition my C drive tell me what to do
please
any tips or something help me as soon as possible please.  Thank you.

This comp Win 98 operating system
450 MHz -CPU SPEED                     Help!