From:
Joe Lore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 16:23:33 -0400
HI

Common question.  Run the XP Pro machine, network wizard.  At the end it
will ask if you want to make a "network floppy" disk and say "yes".
Take that disk and run it in the windows 2000 machine, then you should
be all set.  Windows 2000 will be instructed to recognize windows XP.

Think about it.  Windows XP was built after windows 2000, and knows
about all MS software that came before it.  When Windows 2000 was built
XP may not of even been a twinkle in Bill Gates eyes, and has to learn
about XP's existence.

Don't forget to use common workgroup names, share drives that you want
to share and use different machine network names on each

Thanks and have a Great Day!

Joe Lore

How can I get my two computers to recognize each other?  I have a Dell
running Win 2000 Pro that will not "see" my second clone runnig XP Pro.
I have them connected to the 'net using a router.  My second computer
does "see" my Dell.  I would like to also be able to access the hard
drives from either computer.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml