Date:
Sun, 4 Sep 2005 13:20:47 -0500
Hello Stephen,

More information would be helpful. The formatting process is similar but the
methods are different. Are you formatting the drive that Windows is on, or
is it a second or an external hard drive? If it is the former and you are
using factory restore disks, formatting shouldn't be required. Check the
computer documentation for details. If you are installing a retail or OEM
version of XP Home, partitioning and formatting are steps included during
the setup process for a new installation and you choose how it's done
(partition size and file system type). As I recall, if you are installing XP
over itself (Upgrade option), partitioning and formatting is not an option.

For an external or a second hard drive, partitioning and formatting is
accomplished using Windows XP. If this is your situation let us know and
instructions can be provided.

Sven Swanson, Sr.