Date:
Tue, 27 Apr 1999 19:44:10 -0700
Twin*.*Star wrote:

> I generally separate high voltage, low voltage and radio signal cables from
> each other. Usually inches/double cm will do since the strength is exponecial.

Actually, the formula is the _inverse_ square of the distance and since
_most_ signals in external cables of a computer are of limited amplitude
to begin with, the normal separation caused by the insulation of the
cable jacket of the wiring is sufficient spacing to reduce
interference.  However, because the power cable is carrying a
significant voltage potential at 50/60 Hertz, it should be separated
from other signal cables to prevent interference. And, there may be some
signals that, depending on the computer, may be stronger in some systems
and this could cause some interference which would require additional
spacing between cables.

Lastly, a "DID YOU KNOW": when cables are arranged haphazard behind a
computer, it may look ugly but for interference purposes, it is better
than dressing them all together in a nice neat bundle with them laying
all nicely next to each other in a straight line!!!
--
Jean Bourvic :>))

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcbuild.html