Date:
Mon, 19 May 2003 19:58:47 -0700
On Mon, 19 May 2003 18:29:22 -0700, Peter Shkabara wrote:
>know the old harware works, because I have it up and running in an
>older
>machine now. I suspect that the motherboard was DOA from newegg.com
>It won't
>boot from any drive.

You may want to try a different stick of RAM.   It looks to me like
this board requires 2100 DDR or PC133, not PC100.  You may get away
with the PC100 if you are running a 200 Front side bus CPU, not the
266 FSB of your XP 2000.

To the point:

RAM speed selection is set to SPD by default in the BIOS and will run
at PC100, however, I think you are confusing the board with the XP
2000 CPU which runs at 266.

In addition, While some motherboards do okay with generic RAM some do
not like it at all.  I have an IWill board that will no even give me
video with generic RAM.  However, with Corsair or Mushkin (and
probably other top name brand stuff) it boots fine and is stable as
they come.

These days, motherboard(s) come with the "recommended" RAM modules
listed in the manual and on the manufacturers web site.  Through
recent experience, I have learned that, anything but the recommended
RAM is hit and miss... even if it is top notch stuff.

Eric Heath

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml