Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 14:59:07 -0700
Russell,

Your right, that WD diagnostic setup is only for WD drives.  altho the bios
part is useful and will give info about your HD regardless of manufacture.

A better choice is WD's EZ-DRIVE. It has solved many HD problems for me.

I have found many HD problems center on errors in jumper settings,fdisk
(partitions) and formatting. Many times I forget to reboot after fdisk is
completed.

mike michel

On Sat, 8 Jul 2000 23:10:54 -0500, PCBUILD - Personal Computer Hardware
discussion List wrote:

>  Mike's Custom Woodworking wrote:
>  >
>  > Russell,
>  >  The group might also like to know about the diagnostic program on WD's
>  > website.It claims to test most brands of hard drives and is free.
>

>     I thought that file was written to only test WD drives: "Our
>  diagnostic was written specifically for Western Digital EIDE hard
>  drives" (http://www.wdc.com/service/diagnostics.html)
>
>     Have anyone ever used it on another manufacturer's model?
>
>  Later,
>

>  Russell Smith
>  Edtech Consultant, Journalist
>  Region 14 ESC Abilene
>  http://camalott.com/~rssmith
>  mailto:[log in to unmask]
>
>          The NOSPIN Group provides a monthly newsletter with great
>         tips, information and ideas: NOSPIN-L, The NOSPIN Magazine
>               Visit our web site to signup: http://nospin.com

Say Bye to Slow Internet!
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html

                     visit our download web page at: