From:
alanpriol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 18:38:47 +1100
During the last three days when booting up the computer on several
occasions has failed to detect the two hard drives and of cause
displayed the message "HARD DRIVE FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK etc".
Shutting down and waiting a few minutes I would get a successful
startup. Am I looking at a possible Hard disk failure? The cables were
checked for possible displacement but there was no problem there. Also,
would the Secondary hard drive not be detected if the Primary one was
failing?
My system is a P111 667 on a Gigabyte M/B with 640MB SDRam.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Alan Priol
In the Blue Mountains of NSW Australia.