From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 20:57:21 -0800
There are no hard facts on this and AMD is not speaking but It is  rumored
that the K6 _ 3 will come out in 400 and 450 MHz version sometime in the
next few months. It is specifically designed to work on any super seven
board. I personally have had a lot of trouble with Tyan boards and I think
the best super seven board is the FIC PA503.

It has even been rumored that it benchmarks faster then a P II 450 but we
won't know for sure until AMD releases it a reputable source reviews it.

>I would like to find info about the K6-3 also called Sharptooth but just
>found it at the tomshardware web site. Even on the AMD web site I didn't
>find any info.
>
>Does anybody know some thing about it>? When they will start to sell? How
>much the will? What motherboard will best drive it? I'm thinking to buy a
>Tyan S1590S Trinty 100AT mobo. Will it drive the K6-3.

>Martin Trevorn

             to be posted to: [log in to unmask]