From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Aug 2007 20:36:49 -0700
Replace "Toshiba" with "Compaq" and you have an exact description of our
situation. Unfortunately our USB ports are physically broken and, since
they are part of the motherboard, a motherboard replacement at a
significant expense would be the normal fix. I got a PCMCIA card with
two powered USB ports on it to replace the two broken USB ports.

Tom Mayer

Marvin wrote:
> I have a Toshiba laptop running Windows XP. When I plug anything into my USB ports the computer will not recognize anything. I get a message the my device has a malfuction and should be replaced. I tried my devices on my desktop running Windowa XP and all my devices run just fine. I checked Device Manager and it says my USB Ports are OK. I do not get any yellow explantion marks. I hope you can help me out of this.
>
> Marvin

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml