From:
Bobby Sutton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2000 04:44:32 -0600
Thanks for links, Tonight was worse, I could not get my monitor to work.
Here is what I did to try to eliminate possible problems

1) Made sure that the original 1.6 drive was set to slave, it was
2) Made sure the 8.2 was set as Master, it was
3) disconnected each drive and tried each one to try and get boot, no go ,
in fact my keyboard& mouse were not recognized as my monitor would not work
4) Hooked my monitor cable to my laptop , Both monitors worked fine, so that
eliminates bad monitor.
5) disconnected both hard drives to see id it would boot off CD, no go
6)disconnected IDE cable and both hard drives from M/B and it would boot up
on A drive but said A was not reading, esp to boot, however no disk found to
boot to.

Seems to me I have eliminated the drives, slim that both would crash by just
doing format
C.D. ROM works but wont load onto disk that system can't find.
A drive works but won't let boot up

my conclusion is that somehow my MoBo must have crashed, I do remember last
night when I did have 95 loaded, I was installing some drivers and the blue
death screen,
That is my conclusion but still seems a reach since I did not crack case
till tonight

TIA,

Bobby Sutton

                     support at our newest website: