From:
Neal Collins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 11:52:23 EST
A friend of mine emailed me with the following situation:
His computer's power button does not always work.  It is really finicky.  Sometimes when it does turn on, the compaq logo comes up, but the computer will not go beyond that point. He tries cntrl, alt, del and it will not work, like the whole thing is frozen.  The power button will not turn it off so he has to unplug.  Then he plugs it back in and the power button will not work for like 5 or 6 min., then it does and it gets stuck on compaq screen again.  Does this sound like it is done in or something you have heard about before.
He lives out of town, so I can't look at it to see if it is Posting or not...I'm not a compaq fan, so I don't know when that screen comes up.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance,
Neal Collins

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,